Our entire industry is facing a number of challenges!
For More Information on the following.. PLEASE VISIT www.IDPRF.com
A growing number of governors, state legislators, and libertarian groups want to deregulate our profession, while federal regulators — like the Department of Education — are burdening our industry with impossible regulations.
It’s a perfect storm — and one we forecasted.
We saw the threat of deregulation coming, we saw the impact Gainful Employment would have on our schools and it is why we assembled an industry-working group over seven years ago. The working group was founded by the industry’s leading trade associations AACS, ISBN, PBA, NIC, as well as other industry leaders.
The working group has since evolved into the Future of the Beauty Industry Coalition (FBIC). This Coalition is comprised of ISBN, PBA, Empire Schools and BlueCo Brands. The focus of the FBIC is to protect the industry from deregulation by streamlining licensing requirements while maintaining high standards for health and public safety......
To read more click here....
IL Licenses have Important NEW Changes.
The (B.C.E.N.T) Barber, Cosmetology, Esthetics, Hair Braiding and Nail Technology Act of 1985 was recently amended to update and change the follow Illinois requirements:
1) All licensees will now need to renew their licenses digitally before their expiration date. Reminders will no longer be sent out.
2) It is now required to receive 1 hour of Domestic Violence Awareness training as part of the total continuing education hours that your license requires. Start effecting the 2019 renewal year.
For more information on the new Domestic Violence law:
3) The State of Illinois has removed the continuing education exemption for Cosmetologists, Cosmetology Teachers, and Cosmetology Clinic Teachers. Starting with the 2017 renewal application, ALL Cosmetologists, Cosmetology Teachers, and Cosmetology Clinic Teachers regardless of age and years of experience must complete the continuing education requirements prior to submitting their renewal application. You can refer to Section 410/3-7 of the Barber, Cosmetology, Esthetics, Hair Braiding and Nail Technology Act of 1985 for complete continuing education requirements.
4) FOR 2018 SALONS ACROSS ILLINOIS WILL BE REQUIRED TO ADJUST THEIR PRICE LIST.
"GENDER NEUTRAL PRICING"- CONSUMER FRAUD-PRICES-SERVICES
Describing the service ONLY attached to the price.
The price list may be provided in any format and may be based on customary industry pricing practices. READ MORE.
Tips on Transitioning your price list visit --> MODERNSALON
5) The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Division of Professional Regulation recently released its official statement on prohibited practices for Illinois aestheticians and cosmetologists. The statement reads as follows:
The Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Division of Professional Regulation, frequently receives inquiries regarding whether certain procedures can be performed by a cosmetologist or an esthetician within the scope of their licensure. While the Department does not issue “advisory opinions” or dispense legal advice, the public’s interest in these procedures merits this statement from the Department. Parties seeking a legal opinion should consult with their own attorney. Cosmetologists and estheticians are prohibited from using any technique, product, or practice intended to affect the living layers of the skin. (Barber, Cosmetology, Esthetics, Hair Braiding and Nail Technology Act of 1985; 225 ILCS 410/3-1 and 410/3A-1.)
The following procedures constitute the practice of medicine and are not within the scope of practice of a cosmetologist or an esthetician:
Microdermabrasion, except superficial or light microdermabrasion intended to only remove dead skin cells, oil, and other debris from the surface of the skin.
In the event that any of the above procedures are delegated by a licensed physician, an individual may not hold himself or herself out as a cosmetologist or an esthetician while performing the delegated procedure.
ADDITIONAL UPDATES WILL BE POSTED ACCORDINGLY AS I.D.F.P.R APPROVES.